Did you mean: 

Creating interface between VB.Net and autolisp for AutoCAD 2010

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
mzakiralam
749 Views, 2 Replies

Creating interface between VB.Net and autolisp for AutoCAD 2010

HI,

I am new in VB.NET. I need to create a interface between VB2010 (Premium) and autolisp for AutoCAD 2010. In VB, I want to make a GUI which purpose is to ask select a file from the user. Then that file will be converted from .gds to .dxf. And thats all for the VB script.

Then I want to create a interface between VB and visual LISP/AutoLISP. LISP interface will call that GUI from AutoCAD 2010. So, when the GUI will appear in AutoCAD , user can select a .gds file then a convert button will convert the .gds file into .dxf file and open it in the AutoCAD 2010.

Can anybody help me in this regard? It will be very helpful if anybody give me extensive hints to solve this problem because I am very new in this interfacing as well as VB.NET programming. Or give me a reference where I can find out atleast how can I create interfacing between LISP and VB:NEt. If possible please give a simple example which will show that a GUI, created in VB.net, show up in the autocad 2010 calling from LISP and one command button doing something iin autocad environment.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Zakir

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
norman.yuan
in reply to: mzakiralam

You can certainly use VB.NET/C# to create some finctionalities, especially UIs and to make them useful in LISP.

Thsi would be very helpful for you to get started:

"Using .NET With Your LISP Application"

http://au.autodesk.com/?nd=e_class&session_id=5045

Message 3 of 3
mzakiralam
in reply to: norman.yuan

Thanks for the hints. It is very helpful

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost