Did you mean: 

Compatible with Citrix

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
HeNKL
441 Views, 2 Replies

Compatible with Citrix

Hi all,

One of our customers is asking if the custom .NET application we build for him for AutoCAD 2011 can be upgraded to AutoCAD 2012 for Citrix. Is this possible, the same way I create a setup project for a stand-alone AutoCAD ?

Can this setup then be installed on the server pc and the application made available for all users?

Thanks in advance,

Henk 

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
arcticad
in reply to: HeNKL

You may need to explain what you mean for citrix.

Autocad has started cloud computing if thats what you mean.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?siteID=123112&id=17136545

The application can be installed on a server. You just have to deal with security issues. I would personally just store the application on the server and have a local application download the files to the local drive and run them from here. This will also allow you to update the dll files without kicking everyone off the server.

There has been several threads dealing with this issue.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?filter=location&location=Board%3A152&q=d...

---------------------------

(defun botsbuildbots() (botsbuildbots))
Message 3 of 3
HeNKL
in reply to: arcticad

Many thanks for your info, the demo video's explain a lot to me. Looks like cloud computing promises a lot for us programmers in AutoCAD in future.

But my goal with my question is: is it possible with as less effort as possible to upgrade my existing C# application so it can be installed and run in a Cloud based AutoCAD running on a Citrix server.

Cause for now our customer has no need for real Cloud functionality, the first step is to get the existing (client side) functionality running properly again. Is it still possible to install a Setup package (Setup.exe with a msi created with a Setup Project in Visual studio) on the client computer, and load it with NETLOAD in AutoCAD, just as before?

Thnx, Henk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost