.NET

catkinson89
Message 1 of 6 (388 Views)
Accepted Solution

Combining multiple drawings into a single drawing

388 Views, 5 Replies
01-03-2013 11:22 AM

Hello,

I'm fairly new to the AutoCAD API for .NET, and for the last month or so I've been googling about, looking for comprehensive documentation on the Autodesk API (their equivalent of man pages). I've yet to find anything that describes each method and class in the API, so I turn to these forums for help.

My goal is this: I'm trying to figure out how to copy the contents of all drawings in the same directory into a single dwg file. Has anyone done this before, and if so, what subsets of the AutoCAD API should I use to do so?

I'm not asking someone to write this for me, only to point me in the right direction.

On a sidenote, If anyone has knowledge of where to find complete documentation for the API, I'd appreciate it.

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 6 (378 Views)

Re: Combining multiple drawings into a single drawing

01-03-2013 11:43 AM in reply to: catkinson89

Hi,

I guess >>>that blog<<< contains the information (and most of the code) you look for :smileywink:

>> where to find complete documentation for the API

The most complete documentation you'll find by downloading the ObjectARX-kit (from >>>here<<<, free, but to register). If it's just dotNET API (without a little left or right) you find it >>>here<<<. That is for 2010 (so ok for start), I haven't found an online-docu for 2013 yet.

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
Alexander.Rivilis
Message 3 of 6 (373 Views)

01-03-2013 12:07 PM in reply to: catkinson89

In addition that Alfred said I want to add this highly useful link to the blog: http://adndevblog.typepad.com/autocad

Insert Block from a different DWG using .NET

Adding an xref to a drawing (and converting attachments to overlays)

Пожалуйста не забывайте про Утвердить в качестве решения! Утвердить в качестве решения и Give Kudos!Баллы
Please remember to Accept Solution! Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Kudos

Valued Contributor
architectOfIdeas
Message 4 of 6 (355 Views)

01-03-2013 01:37 PM in reply to: catkinson89

i refer to the exchange quite a bit! it has great explanations of the api. it really helped me wrap my head around the use of the transaction manager and opening and closing objects. 

Valued Mentor
KerryBrown
Message 5 of 6 (316 Views)

01-05-2013 07:42 PM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

alfred.neswadba wrote:

Hi,

< .. >  If it's just dotNET API (without a little left or right) you find it >>>here<<<. That is for 2010 (so ok for start), I haven't found an online-docu for 2013 yet.

- alfred -

Alfred, This is the only one I've been able to find

http://docs.autodesk.com/ACD/2013/ENU/index.html?url=files/GUID-4E1AAFA9-740E-4097-800C-CAED09CDFF12...

//-------------------------------------------------------

class keyThumper<T> : Lazy<T>;      another  Swamper

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 6 of 6 (306 Views)

01-06-2013 01:07 AM in reply to: KerryBrown

Hi Kerry,

thanx for the link!

@Autodesk: also here the table of contents is missing and I think a wish from everyone using it!

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community