Combining multiple drawings into a single drawing

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
catkinson89
877 Views, 5 Replies

Combining multiple drawings into a single drawing

Hello,

I'm fairly new to the AutoCAD API for .NET, and for the last month or so I've been googling about, looking for comprehensive documentation on the Autodesk API (their equivalent of man pages). I've yet to find anything that describes each method and class in the API, so I turn to these forums for help.

My goal is this: I'm trying to figure out how to copy the contents of all drawings in the same directory into a single dwg file. Has anyone done this before, and if so, what subsets of the AutoCAD API should I use to do so?

I'm not asking someone to write this for me, only to point me in the right direction.

On a sidenote, If anyone has knowledge of where to find complete documentation for the API, I'd appreciate it.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi,

I guess >>>that blog<<< contains the information (and most of the code) you look for 😉

>> where to find complete documentation for the API

The most complete documentation you'll find by downloading the ObjectARX-kit (from >>>here<<<, free, but to register). If it's just dotNET API (without a little left or right) you find it >>>here<<<. That is for 2010 (so ok for start), I haven't found an online-docu for 2013 yet.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 6

In addition that Alfred said I want to add this highly useful link to the blog: http://adndevblog.typepad.com/autocad

Insert Block from a different DWG using .NET

Adding an xref to a drawing (and converting attachments to overlays)

Відповідь корисна? Клікніть на "ВПОДОБАЙКУ" цім повідомленням! | Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Находите сообщения полезными? Поставьте "НРАВИТСЯ" этим сообщениям!
На ваше запитання відповіли? Натисніть кнопку "ПРИЙНЯТИ РІШЕННЯ" | Have your question been answered successfully? Click "ACCEPT SOLUTION" button.
На ваш вопрос успешно ответили? Нажмите кнопку "УТВЕРДИТЬ РЕШЕНИЕ"

Alexander Rivilis / Александр Ривилис / Олександр Рівіліс
Programmer & Teacher & Helper / Программист - Учитель - Помощник / Програміст - вчитель - помічник
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
Expert Elite Member

Message 4 of 6

i refer to the exchange quite a bit! it has great explanations of the api. it really helped me wrap my head around the use of the transaction manager and opening and closing objects. 

Message 5 of 6
kdub_nz
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

@Alfred.NESWADBA wrote:

Hi,

< .. >  If it's just dotNET API (without a little left or right) you find it >>>here<<<. That is for 2010 (so ok for start), I haven't found an online-docu for 2013 yet.

- alfred -

Alfred, This is the only one I've been able to find

http://docs.autodesk.com/ACD/2013/ENU/index.html?url=files/GUID-4E1AAFA9-740E-4097-800C-CAED09CDFF12...

//

Everything will work just as you expect it to, unless your expectations are incorrect.

class keyThumper<T> : Lazy<T>;      another  Swamper

Message 6 of 6
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: kdub_nz

Hi Kerry,

thanx for the link!

@Autodesk: also here the table of contents is missing and I think a wish from everyone using it!

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost