.NET

jhanel
Message 1 of 2 (182 Views)

Cannot debug 64-bit DLL

182 Views, 1 Replies
07-25-2012 09:45 AM

When I try to connect to even the sample code provided in the ObjectARX SDK, my AutoCAD instance hangs and must be forcibly closed. If I don't connect to it with a debugger, the sample code works just fine.

This is also happening with my specific DLL, but I wanted to see if I'd done something stupid, or if it was a system problem, so I loaded up the EllipseJig plugin that comes with the ObjectARX SDK. It locks up too.

Without being able to debug my DLL, I am unable to determine what's going on under the hood with one of my numbering schemes for objects within a drawing. It's far too complicated to walk through the code line-by-line visually. I mean, it could be done, but I'd like to be able to solve the problem sometime before next year and being able to use Visual Studio would greatly help. =)

My setup:

AutoCAD Mechanical. Version F.51.0.0

Visual Studio 2010 Professional.Version 10.0.30319.1

Any thoughts ideas about what is going wrong? I've uninstalled/reinstalled AutoCAD and VS2010 three times. I'm quite convinced that neither of these tools is currently corrupt. I'm compiling on a 64-bit machine, and using a 64-bit version of AutoCAD if that helps any.

Active Contributor
tomg
Message 2 of 2 (170 Views)

Re: Cannot debug 64-bit DLL

07-25-2012 01:20 PM in reply to: jhanel

Can you look in the Windows error logs? There may be something there that will lead to the answer.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community