.NET

mchan01
Message 1 of 3 (223 Views)

C# API help - WCF

223 Views, 2 Replies
01-08-2014 09:30 AM

Anyone tried calling WCF? I created a user control  and used the Autodesk.Autocad.Windows.PaletteSet to create paletteSet but i also wanted to use a  wcf i created, i did the normal add web reference, but when executing inside autocad, i get the endpoint missing.. any experience on this?

Valued Contributor
sszabo
Message 2 of 3 (188 Views)

Re: C# API help - WCF

01-09-2014 05:19 AM in reply to: mchan01

Not sure what could be the problem, try posting code.  My guess is your server is not running inside of autocad or your client doesn't know the address because it's not configured right.  Check this out.

*Expert Elite*
norman.yuan
Message 3 of 3 (173 Views)

Re: C# API help - WCF

01-09-2014 07:28 AM in reply to: mchan01

When you set a service reference in your Acad add-in DLL project, an "app.config" file is created in the DLL project with <system.serviceModel>...</system.serviceModel> configurations, which configures the WCF client access endpoint to be used.

You need to copy this portions of configuration into AutoCAD's acad.exe.config files.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.