Did you mean: 

BlockTableRecord converting arcs to ellipse

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
tjn
Observer
348 Views, 2 Replies

BlockTableRecord converting arcs to ellipse

I am attempting to create a BlockTableRecord that contains arcs and circles. Creating the BTR is working great but after I insert a block reference and explode it, all the arcs and circles have been created as ellipses. The code below is what I am using. I have placed a break point where the item gets appended to the BTR and verified that the item is a circle but when everything is finished, it's an ellipse. Anyone know how to fix this? If I run the same code but change the BlockTableRecord to model space, the circles draw fine.

Using AcTrans As Transaction = oAcadTm.StartTransaction
  Using AcBlocks As BlockTable = oAcadDb.BlockTableId.GetObject(OpenMode.ForWrite)
    ''create the new block record....
    block = New BlockTableRecord
    block.Name = blockName
    blockId = AcBlocks.Add(block)
    AcTrans.AddNewlyCreatedDBObject(block, True)
    ''add the entities to the block record....
    For Each item As Entity In entities
      block.AppendEntity(item)
      AcTrans.AddNewlyCreatedDBObject(item, True)
    Next
  End Using
  AcTrans.Commit()
End Using

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
chiefbraincloud
in reply to: tjn

The only way I can think of that that would happen is if the block reference (INSERT) was not scaled uniformly when you exploded it.  If you explode a non-uniformly scaled block containing circular arcs, autocad will replace the arcs with elliptical arcs to maintain the visual appearance of the block reference.

Dave O.                                                                  Sig-Logos32.png
Message 3 of 3
tjn
Observer
in reply to: tjn

Wow. You know, sometimes it's the little things. The block was *not* uniformly scaled. The X and Y scales were the same but the Z scale factor was set to 1. Thanks for the help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost