.NET

Valued Contributor
FRFR1426
Message 1 of 2 (1,581 Views)
Accepted Solution

Autoloader bundle on network location

1581 Views, 1 Replies
04-25-2012 03:39 AM

Is there a way to put an autoloader bundle on a network location (like we do with %AppData%\Autodesk\ApplicationPlugins or %ProgramFiles%\Autodesk\ApplicationPlugins) for easy update ?

Distinguished Contributor
Artvegas
Message 2 of 2 (1,553 Views)

Re: Autoloader bundle on network location

04-25-2012 09:56 PM in reply to: FRFR1426

Good question. According to the docs your bundles need to be placed in one of the ApplicationPlugin folders on your local drive.

I tried a simple shortcut with the *.bundle extension naming format that pointed to another drive location, but this didn't work for me.

However in Windows 7 (I think for Vista too) you can create a junction link to another folder. I tried this for a bundle located on another drive on my machine and it worked. Maybe you could test to see if this works on your network.

To create a junction link:
1. Open the command prompt as an Administrator.
2. Use the Mklink command, for example:
    mklink /j "C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\ApplicationPlugins\MyApp.bundle" "E\MyAppBundles\MyApp.bundle"

For further details you can google it.
Here's a microsoft link: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc753194%28v=ws.10%29.aspx

The downside to this is that you would only be able to edit the files in your plugin when no-one has them loaded into AutoCAD (i.e. when assemby files are loaded into AutoCAD they are locked).

I haven't thought about how you would create the junction links on each machine, perhaps a command prompt batch file. There might be an easier way.

Would be curious to hear if this helps in some way.

Art

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community