Autoloader Balloon Notification

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Rob.O
1108 Views, 5 Replies

Autoloader Balloon Notification

Hi All,

Not sure this is the correct place to ask this question as it is not directly .NET related, but it seems to be the only place the Autoloader tool is being discussed.

I wanted to start by saying... THANKS!  The autoloader is amazing and something we have needed for years!

My question is...

Is it possible to control the description that is displayed in the balloon notification that pops up when AutoCAD is started after loading an app?  As of now, all it says is... "Unnamed plugin has been successfully loaded".  I have tried changing a few values in the XML with no luck.  Is this something I need to set in my .NET application?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
andrewpuller3811
in reply to: Rob.O

Have you checked out Kean Walmsley's blog post? Kean provides a XML example you can check out.

http://through-the-interface.typepad.com/through_the_interface/2011/09/autodesk-exchange-preparing-y...

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2021
Message 3 of 6
Rob.O
in reply to: andrewpuller3811

Got it!

I had a malformed Tag in my XML code!

Message 4 of 6
tulsimehra

I am facing the same problem, can you tell me the solution for the problem?

Message 6 of 6
StephenPreston

Download any app from apps.exchange.autodesk.com, and you'll see the correctly formatted PackageContents.xml. The first element will look something like this:

<ApplicationPackage SchemaVersion="1.0" AutodeskProduct="AutoCAD" ProductType="Application" Name="DWF PDF BatchPublish" AppVersion="1.1.1" Description="ADN Plugin of the Month: DWF PDF Batch Publish" Author="Virupaksha Aithal" Icon="./Contents/Resources/Batch Publish.bmp" AppNameSpace="appstore.exchange.autodesk.com"HelpFile="./Contents/Resources/ADNBatchPublishHelp.htm" ProductCode="{64E90406-E99C-4244-88A9-8E8C5A9562B0}" UpgradeCode="{58C9D20C-4D43-4172-A98D-B15C5AA17677}" SupportedLocales="Enu">

Some of those parameters are 'internal' parameter the Exchange store team add so (for example) helper apps like 'App Manager' can query for updates online. But the Name parameter is used by the ballon notification, as is the HelpFile parameter.

And a hint - Most problems people seem to be reporting with PackageContents.xml is because they have a typo which has created malformed XML. Make sure you check the formatting before you start rewriting everything - for example, by opening your XML in a web browser.

Cheers,

Stephen Preston
Autodesk Developer Network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost