Autocad .NET C# book

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
serkancng
18098 Views, 9 Replies

Autocad .NET C# book

Hello everyone,

I decided to develop an autocad plugin program with C#. However, altough I did big search on the web I couldn t find an Autocad .NET  C# book. I have seen the visual basic one and bought it but I want to develop  with C# so VB book is insufficent for me. So my first question is is there any Autocad.net C# book I can download. Second question is while I am developing my program I sometimes need someone to explain how to use component of Autocad .NET architecture (i.e. a class or a method of autocad) to accomplish my task. So, do you think Autocad developers network ( gold or other ) subscriptions could help me ?

Thanks in advance for all your replies.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
dynamicscope
in reply to: serkancng

Hi,

I am also new to ObjectARX .NET and currently developing with C#.

I also couldn't find any reference book. 😞

The below links are what I used when I started.

- Video demo of AutoCAD .NET Programming

http://download.autodesk.com/media/adn/DevTV_Introduction_to_AutoCAD._NET_Programming/

- The blog of Kean Wamsley, who work for AutoCAD.

http://through-the-interface.typepad.com/through_the_interface/2010/04/adding-to-autocads-applicatio...

Cheers,

Jake

Message 3 of 10
chiefbraincloud

I have always been able to figure out what I needed, either on my own, or by searching the RSS feed for Kean Walmsley''s very excellent blog. (link provided in previous post)

There are also several helpful and knowledgeable people active in this discussion group, of which I would like to think I am one.

So, as to your question about ADN membership, I am a member (Standard level), and I have had a couple of issues that I was able to resolve by searching the Knowledge Base, but the primary reason I am a member is for the developer licenses.  The ADN membership is cheaper than just one license for one version of AutoCAD, but with the membership, I can get developer licenses for all Autodesk products that expose a programming API (not the media and entertainment products), including previous releases.

That alone makes it worth it in my book, but it may depend on your situation.  If you plan to be programming for AutoCAD products for any length of time, or supporting multiple versions, including different year releases and the different products (Arch, Civil, Mechanical...) then I would say it is definitely worth it.

Dave O.                                                                  Sig-Logos32.png
Message 4 of 10
Dasharnb777

My suggestions just would only with thing that help me mostly:

1. AutoCAD .NET Developers Guide - Theory and examples;

2.This forum. Here are a lot of existing topics that can be helpful. Also you can create your one;

3. Google - and where do without it Smiley Wink?

Message 5 of 10
kvrravitheja

Hi,

i am a newbie to autocad programming. I am plannig to automate the drawing of civil strucutres using C#. Could any one give me the steps, prerequisites and developement tools required to start coding.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Thanks,

Ravi.

Message 6 of 10
Hallex
in reply to: kvrravitheja

This bloq might be interesting for you,

take look at:

http://blog.civil3dreminders.com/

From here....

If I am understanding you correctly, you're wanting to know how to setup a Visual Studio project for use with Civil 3D? :notsure:

First, you might consider this post on how to get started, then consider creating yourself a secondary template (in addition to those supplied by one of the .NET wizards listed), which includes a reference to the AecBaseMgd.dll, and AeccDbMgd.dll assemblies in order to access the Civil 3D specific APIs.

HTH :beer:

"A bad mood is like bad breath. Nobody likes a person with bad breath" - Prager
"First tell the truth, then give your opinion" - Prager
"One who is offended by truth, has no place among those who seek wisdom" - RenderMan
Message 8 of 10
_RenderMan
in reply to: _RenderMan

Also, to the question of a good book for learning C#... While not AutoCAD specific, I am greatly enjoying Andrew Troelsen's book "Pro C# 2010 and the .NET 4 Platform."

"A bad mood is like bad breath. Nobody likes a person with bad breath" - Prager
"First tell the truth, then give your opinion" - Prager
"One who is offended by truth, has no place among those who seek wisdom" - RenderMan
Message 9 of 10
Jeff_M

For more specific questions relating to Civil3D development, there is the Civil3D customization forum.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 10 of 10
philipenguk

Hi,

I have come across this PDF file that will help you.

It is here as an attachment.

Warmest regards,

Philip

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost