SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Keith.Brown
722 Views, 3 Replies

Autocad MEP: Regenerate a catalog

In Autocad MEP i can regnerate the catalogs with something like:

CatalogManager catalog = new CatalogManager();

catalog.RegenerateCatalog(Domain.Multi-ViewPartComponent, true):

but this will regenerate every catalog that i have loaded for the multi-view part domain.  How can i regenerate a single catalog like the bubble popup does when Autocad MEP detects a catalog change?

Regenerate Single Catalog.jpg

Using the link will only regenerate the specified catalog and not all catalogs.  I would like to perform the same with code.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mikako_harada
in reply to: Keith.Brown

Hi Keith, 

Sorry, I don't have an answer. Maybe try asking around. But in a mean time, you may try posting to AutoCAD MEP forum.  This is AutoCAD Forum. I suspect majority of people are working with vanilla AutoCAD.  There may be somebody over there who might be able to answer your question.  (or cross post with pointers so that you get maximum exposure, at least.)  

Mikako Harada
Developer Technical Services
Message 3 of 4

Hi Keith, 

I asked about this to AME product team.  Unfortunately, they confirm that it is not possible with the current exposure of API.  Sorry for the bad news. 

Mikako Harada
Developer Technical Services
Message 4 of 4
Keith.Brown
in reply to: mikako_harada

Thanks for the reply.  I did find a workaround that at least works.  It involves reading the catalogs loaded through the registry and removing all but the catalog i want to regenerate.  I regenerate the catalog and then reload all of the catalogs by inserting their paths back into the registry.  Not elegant but at least it works and is faster than regenerating all the loaded catalogs vs a single catalog.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost