Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD session running on server

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
kegle
243 Views, 4 Replies

AutoCAD session running on server

Is it possible to have one license of AutoCAD running on a server and have a .NET application running on individual workstations that pass variables to a .NET program in AutoCAD on the server that automatically creates a DWG and then a DWF file that the .NET application can view using DWF viewer?

Does this violate the AutoCAD license agreement? Is there a more efficient way to do this? My goal is to have our order entry program get a CAD drawing created automatically without interacting with the AutoCAD UI and without needing to have AutoCAD installed on each workstation.

Thanks,
Kevin
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
stuartshaw
in reply to: kegle

This is definitely possible. We have been doing it for 2-3 years know. It has been running on a server and has been very stable. The only problem we have encountered is a memory leak in AutoCAD and we need to restart the service on our server that runs the .Net app once a week.
Message 3 of 5
kegle

Thanks for the confirmation.

Kevin
Message 4 of 5
asvsatheesh

I’m curious about this topic.
How to pass variables to a .NET program in AutoCAD on the server from workstation?
I mean the program in server connect to AutoCAD is Out-of-Process or In-Process?

Thanks in Advance.

Satheesh.
Message 5 of 5
stuartshaw

We use remoting to pass the variables and we are running AutoCAD out-of-process.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost