Did you mean: 

AutoCAD assemblies copy to my Release folder

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
matus.brlit
369 Views, 3 Replies

AutoCAD assemblies copy to my Release folder

Hi,

from one moment, AutoCAD assemblies are copied to my release folder.

It's a solution with 4 projects, all references have CopyLocal=False. Only one project has those 3 other projects referenced with CopyLocal=True. But still i have AutoCAD assemblies in that release folder.

ManagedMC3.dll

AcCui.dll

AcDx.dll

AcDxPublishUi.dll

AcMNUParser.dll

AcMr.dll

AcTcMgd.dll

AcWelcomeScreen.dll

AcWindows.dll

AdWindows.dll

It used to work fine, and I'm not aware of any change that could cause this.

One more observation: None of those 3 projects have those assemblies in their Relase folders, only the one that references them with CopyLocal=True.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi,

what is the reason that this one project has set the CopyLocal to TRUE? IMHO that should be never necessary.

If you erase manually the content of the output-directory and do then a rebuild, project by project ==> look when these DLL's are created.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 4

The first reason was, that when i deploy the assemblies, i don't have to search all that directories, they are all put in one directory from where i take them.

But then I found out, that I need them in one folder for debugging purposes, so I don't have to change my netload statements and the dlls are just loaded from the working directory, which is the Debug directory of the main project.

The redundant dlls are created when i build the main project.

Message 4 of 4
matus.brlit
in reply to: matus.brlit

so I removed the references and added them again, that solved it

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost