.NET

Message 1 of 2 (388 Views)

AutoCAD Line Object, Draw lines

388 Views, 1 Replies
03-16-2012 07:25 AM

Hi Everyone,

I have a client who would like me to develop an application that will do the following:

Open AutoCAD

Load an empty drawing

Define a line in memory while specifying it's start and end points, then add it to the DWG file.

I also need to open existing drawings, select a block of data (ie: 4 lines that make a rectangle, etc) then scale the drawing down and place it on the drawing in a set location.

Once the data has been drawn to a DWG the file is saved.

Where (& how) can I create a line object in memory, draw it - and refernce it by it's name/ID etc.

ie:  Dim line as AutoCADLine   - where AutoCADLine is the type

I've read there's a few ways to work with autocad - I'm using the interops DLL's but it doesn't appear that it has the ability to do what I need.

I'd really appreciate it if someone could point me in the correct direction for some C# code that draws pre-defined objects onto the drawing surface.  Also, reading parts of a drawing from a DWG file is critical as well...

Thanks,

C

*Expert Elite*
Hallex
Message 2 of 2 (383 Views)

Re: AutoCAD Line Object, Draw lines

03-16-2012 07:51 AM in reply to: Lvcien

See on-line docs for more please

>>HotTo<<

~'J'~

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community