.NET
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2010/Ribbons - How do I retain source-panel positions?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
pjfontes
629 Views, 4 Replies

AutoCAD 2010/Ribbons - How do I retain source-panel positions?

I have sold my colleagues on using a ribbon control (instead of a palette) for our custom commands, but... I am stuck on one last detail.

Here's where I'm at.

Using AU examples:

- I have my beautiful new ribbon loading on startup/initialize (IExtensionApplication.Initialize)

- My dll is registering and everything is working as expect.

However.

Many users prefer to un-dock panels from the ribbon and place them on their second monitor, either stacked or horizontal.  Once the user exists autocad and restarts the application the panels (from the custom ribbon) return to their native positions.  The out-of-box ACAD/ACADE retain their position.  How can I get my custom ribbon's source panels to retain their last positions? 

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: pjfontes

Save settings in some file?

Message 3 of 5
pjfontes
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, saving settings to a file works for me.. but I need direction on how to Get position the settings.  Maybe I'm blind, but I can't seem to find the method to 'save position' (or whatever) in the object browser.

Message 4 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

I would first look for saving the workspace. That should be point 1.

The other thing is my interpretation of your type of creating the CUI-items. Have you a CUI-file saved and do you load that as partial menu or do you create the menu items at run-time of your DLL?

First case (you have a CUI-file) should be handled by saving the workspace

Second case (you creating the menus at run-time) is more critical, because you would have to check if the correct workspace is loaded to show your menu-items and then in what workspace is which menu-position.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 5
pjfontes
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Alfred,

I have flagged your reply as the solution.

I was creating a ribbon at run-time which doesn't really fit my objective.  I have been exploring CUI files and it is a much better fit.

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost