Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access Titleblock Info without Autocad?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
KentKeller
413 Views, 3 Replies

Access Titleblock Info without Autocad?

I have an Inventor license that doesn't include Autocad.  We have some old Autocad drawings that I would like to write a program to extract the titleblock info which I believe is probably done with attributes.  Not sure though. 

Anyhow my question is, is there any way for me to get to that info without having a seat of Autocad? In Inventor we can use apprentice to do similar things.

Kent Keller
KWiKMcad

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi,

to access DWG-file content you need a program to read/evaluate it, either AutoCAD or something like OpenDWG or RealDWG. But according to this statement:

>> We have some old Autocad drawings

You at least had an AutoCAD active, why don't you use this license then?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 4
KentKeller
in reply to: KentKeller

Hi Alfred,

Thanks, I was afraid of that.  I work at a company whose main office is in Austria, These are old files of theirs, and none of them do any programing.

Kent Keller
KWiKMcad

Message 4 of 4

Hi,

>> I work at a company whose main office is in Austria

If it is a help then let us know if we can help in your Austrian office. If nobody has development-knowledge there then maybe we can help to add that (either the knowledge or to get the job done).

Send me a PM if you see any possibilities (I tried to send a PM to you but it does not work as the system sees 2 "KentKeller") 😉

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost