API for Boundary of Region

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
scluna
2199 Views, 4 Replies

API for Boundary of Region

Hi,

Does anyone knows the api use for region. I am using Editor.Traceboundary but having problem. When I use Boundary command I notice that it has region boundary retention option in it. Is there an api for that?

Thanks and regrads

SCLuna
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Virupaksha_aithal
in reply to: scluna

Hi,

Can you please share a non confidential drawing against which you are trying to create the boundary using Traceboundary API?

also, refer DevBlog which shows how to run boundary command in .NET @ http://adndevblog.typepad.com/autocad/2012/08/running-boundary-command-through-command-line-using-ne...

Virupaksha Aithal KM
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 3 of 5
scluna
in reply to: Virupaksha_aithal

Hi Virupaksha,

I think I resolved the problem in the drawing using the traceboundary. the drawing contains a lot of visible layer so what i did is modify my program and set the visibility of the other layer to false, while the layer that i need to visibility is true then i execute the traceboundary. the only thing i notice that i need to zoom to extent the drawing to make the tracing works. I will still do further tracing.

I still not able to resolved Export to SDF version 2 using API of autocad 2013. Please see link of post:
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/NET/Extract-SDF-2-in-autocad-net-API/m-p/4762195#M38749
SCLuna
Message 4 of 5
scluna
in reply to: Virupaksha_aithal

Here is a sample drawing

SCLuna
Message 5 of 5
StephenPreston
in reply to: scluna

Hi Sherwin,

>>the only thing i notice that i need to zoom to extent the drawing to make the tracing works

This is as expected. The API is using the same internal code as the boundary command. It is using the graphics cache which means the geometry must be displayed on-screen for the algorithm to work. (Try running the boundary command on something that is off-screen, and you'll see the same thing).

Cheers,

Stephen Preston
Autodesk Developer Network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost