Community
Mudbox Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Mudbox Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Mudbox topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picking out those little white spots in Photoshop

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
danjay
253 Views, 5 Replies

Picking out those little white spots in Photoshop

Here's a little discovery I just made, thought I would pass it along. You know those annoying little white spots you sometimes get in your displacement maps? I usually go into Photoshop and pick them out with the stamp tool. If you've ever tired it, you know it can be very annoying to do on a 32 bit image since a lot of the halftones show up as solid black and you can't really see what your doing. So, what I do now is I create an adjustment layer first, using exposure. Move the sliders around until the solid blacks become gray scale and you can see all the wrinkles and folds. Then you can stamp out just the white spots without going into any of the other areas that are okay. Then just delete the adjustment layer and save. Sometimes it also helps to take a UV snapshot from Maya and put it on top as another layer, just to help orient yourself to the model.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Christoph_Schaedl
in reply to: danjay

thanks...
----------------------------------------------------------------
https://linktr.ee/cg_oglu
Message 3 of 6
a3dcreator

nice i will definatley try this.
thanks!
Message 4 of 6
tonytrout

Thanks for the tip Danjay, something I have struggled with. Cheers :)
Message 5 of 6
ashaiad

Very nice tip
My Q i > How often do you run into this?

this should not be the "default" extraction
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

I've yet to extract a displacement that doesn't have these marks on it, and it's annoying as hell.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report