MotionBuilder Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s MotionBuilder Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular MotionBuilder topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using story tool without baking layers

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
johnyblack
357 Views, 1 Reply

using story tool without baking layers

I'm learning motionbuilder and I was asked to hand in my fbx files without baking down the animation so that keys on all  animation layers are still visible.

I have a run capture that I need to loop and then a jump and roll capture that I need to blend with the run.

I'm using the story tool to repeat the run clip several times, match and blend with the jump clip as well as scale the clip to match the speed.

As far as I know, I have to bake the animation before bringing into story so that all the animation editing and tweaks I did don't go away (since only the base layer is imported into story)

Am I missing something? Is there a workaround for this? 

I'll appreciate any help! Thanks!!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
doodski
in reply to: johnyblack

this is probably too late for your project

but you can add a subtrack in story (additive NOT overide) which will alow you to key a layer on the base track

since you've already edited your motion , you might be able to copy the keys before putting into story , create the story track and subtrack and CTRL+V the keys into the subtrack.. kind of a long shot, but hey you never know. In the future if you need to keep story active, you will want to do the story work first and use the additive track for your edits (preferably with a control rig), but generic anim tracks work too. You use CHAR controls to CREATE a control rig rather than plotting to it. Do that after you've put your base capture into story and you'll have all the bells n whistles you need.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report