MotionBuilder Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s MotionBuilder Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular MotionBuilder topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"warning hardware acceleration is disabled" error message

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
junkaphobia
3334 Views, 15 Replies

"warning hardware acceleration is disabled" error message

Greetings all,

I have the latest drivers certified and am running GTX690 and get the following error messages. What gives I cant even open motionbuilder?

My first message is "warning hardware acceleration is disabled"

Second message "Motion Builder has detected an unsupported version of OpenGL, ...requires OpenGL 2.1 or higher...application will now close"
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
DarrenP
in reply to: junkaphobia

did it work before?

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 16
junkaphobia

did it work before?

No this is the first attempt it was just installed
Message 4 of 16

The GTX690 is certified, so you're good there.
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/syscert/card?siteID=123112&catID=18254205&id=18844534&product=9...

Have you called support? They test MotionBuilder with these cards and wouldn't certify them otherwise.

If it doesn't get resolved through support, please pm me so I can follow up on my end.

Thanks,

Joel
Product Designer for Virtual Production
Autodesk
Message 5 of 16

I have the same problem. First time installation with GTX 690 card latest drivers.

I have seen this all over the internet is anyone doing anything to fix it?

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Asrock z77 extreme9 | Intel i7 3770K 3.5 | Win 7 64 bit | (4) EVGA GTX 690 | Apple Cinema Display | LEPA G1600W PSU | 16GB Ram | Storm Trooper Case | Tripp-Lite 1600W UPS | Autodesk Inventor | 3DS Max | Cinema 4D R14 Broadcast
Message 6 of 16
junkaphobia

bump...

Asrock z77 extreme9 | Intel i7 3770K 3.5 | Win 7 64 bit | (4) EVGA GTX 690 | Apple Cinema Display | LEPA G1600W PSU | 16GB Ram | Storm Trooper Case | Tripp-Lite 1600W UPS | Autodesk Inventor | 3DS Max | Cinema 4D R14 Broadcast
Message 7 of 16
junkaphobia

bump

Message 8 of 16

Hi Joel,

Here is one for you. I decided to load a new copy of windows on my second hard drive on the same computer and it Motion Builder works fine. Any ideas why?

Message 9 of 16
junkaphobia

bump

Message 10 of 16

Thanks for going to the trouble to keep hammering away at this. I don't know why a fresh installation of the OS would allow Mobu to startup. I'll have QA reproduce this. If they're able to reproduce it consistently, it will be straightforward to find the underlying issue. 

Product Designer for Virtual Production
Autodesk
Message 11 of 16
edcatesuk
in reply to: joel.pennington

Randomly getting this message using MotionBuilder 2016. Has been working fine for a year, then suddenly not!

Did anyone get to the bottom of this.

I've done the obvious stuff and installed latest drivers and getting the latest update to MotionBuilder.

Is it confirmed that this is a driver issue? Or could it be a windows update issue?

thanks

Message 12 of 16
jnasrallah66T73
in reply to: edcatesuk

hello. one of my students is having the same issue in Motionbuilder 2019. is there a solution ?

i usually get this issue if i am using remote desktop with Motionbuilder

Message 13 of 16
edcatesuk
in reply to: jnasrallah66T73

I stumbled upon a workaround, but not a fix.

Use 'chrome remote desktop', open Motionbuilder, switch back to 'remote desktop'.

Motionbuilder will work, if it is already open on the remote machine.

The issue with Motionbuilder seems to be to do with openGL and remote desktop using a slightly different version of openGL.

Message 14 of 16
damian.pajda
in reply to: edcatesuk

If you are using Nvidia graphics card, then here is solution for this issue https://developer.nvidia.com/designworks

Message 15 of 16

thank you both for the reply. i will try and report back soon

Message 16 of 16

https://developer.nvidia.com/designworks  works like a charm ! thank you so much. only need to reboot after installing. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report