MotionBuilder Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s MotionBuilder Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular MotionBuilder topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

automatic shake/jiggle ?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
987 Views, 3 Replies

automatic shake/jiggle ?

Hi,

another question for the MB experts: is there any way for getting a character automatically shaking or jiggling ? In Cinema 4D there is a "vibrate" tag that can manage to rotate/move an object periodically. So I could animate the char in MB, retarget the motion to the highpoly mesh in C4D and give some bones little automatic rotation via the vibrate tag but it would be nicer to achieve the same effect inside MB.

cheers
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Motion123,

You could achieve jiggle for your character in MotionBuilder either by using the dynamics system or by using relation constraint setup with damping macro:-

Dynamics- for this setup, you could use joint chain with dynamics linked to your base character skeleton. The joint chain would be skinned to the mesh prior to export to FBX- when imported in MB, the chain would then be setup with the Physics solver and Joint Physical property- this is commonly used for hair etc, but may fit what you need to create jiggle on the character mesh skin. Information on working with the Physics solver and Joint Physical Property is in the following section of the docs:-

MotionBuilder 2011 Help- Animating with Physical Properties- Joint Physical property

Relation macro damping– the damping macro in relation constraint can also be used to create automatic ‘jiggle’ on elements. It is not true physic solver solution but can create reasonable results for clothing/hair etc. examples of setup are included on the clip art DVD that ships with MotionBuilder. There is also a basic tutorial on the AREA that covers setting damping macro to create hair jiggle on character:-

http://area.autodesk.com/tutorials/relational_constraints

Best Regards,

Lee
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Hi Lee,

great ! "damping" - that's exactly what I'm looking for. That's very similar to the vibrate tag.

Thanks a lot and best regards !
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

if you need I've developed a quick setup with relation constraints for the fingers:

http://www.sternativo.com/?p=172

the value I've put in this example is very low, but I think you don't want it to be to noticeable.

hope it helps 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report