MotionBuilder Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s MotionBuilder Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular MotionBuilder topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zero key on override layer issue

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
xatmo
1136 Views, 4 Replies

Zero key on override layer issue

Hi I have a very annoying issue with setting a zero key on my character override track in story mode.
Whenever I set the zero key, instead of being relative to the current/original take is overriding, it's relative to the base layer and resets the pose of the character.

For example if I want to edit my data at frame 15, my procedure is the following:
-set the story mode on
-add a character track + current take
-add a character override track
-set a zero key around frame 10 and 20
-modify my data at 15 (and keying on that frame)

so the override track should blend without any problem on it's sides and change in the middle.
The problem is that whenever I set the zero key the character snaps to it's stance or some other characters just go on a random pose.

The problem happens both on body parts or full body. If I try the same thing but with an additive track, it works without any problem. Any help? Is this a bug? thanks
--------------------------
www.sternativo.com
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

You can first set the track weight to 0, keyframe the character to create a copy of the current base layer pose (creating a 0 key offset) and then do the same for the end key, go back and set the weight to 100 and then animate as needed. You will have to key the track weight on and off as well or drag the blends.
Message 3 of 5

thanks! It's a workaround but at least it works!
www.sternativo.com
Message 4 of 5

Message 5 of 5

2013 64bit

www.sternativo.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report