MotionBuilder Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s MotionBuilder Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular MotionBuilder topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Physics video - Ragdoll with joints AND Python speedup

38 REPLIES 38
Message 1 of 39
_KxL_
1632 Views, 38 Replies

Physics video - Ragdoll with joints AND Python speedup

38 REPLIES 38
Message 21 of 39
e1two
in reply to: _KxL_

Hi,

I'm using physics and live motion input to do digital puppetry.
Setting up the physics for a character takes a while
and the script does make it a lot quicker.

Did you write the whole motionbuilder physx integration?
If so, you've done a really nice job.

Even though I'm not a technical artist,I can think of lots of ways
to extend or speed up character physics

I could talk about this stuff for hours 🙂
It would be great to hook up and chat, if you're up for that!

e1
Message 22 of 39
_KxL_
in reply to: e1two

Not much feedback I saw about physics so for sure it would be nice to see some comments and ideas. If anything could be added to the speedup script, that would be good too.

BTW. where are you from ?

Cheers!
Message 23 of 39
RobH2

Hey,

I'm going to apologize for being a total NOOB here but I've just stared diving into Mobu 2012. It's pretty daunting, more so than Max that I've used for 15 years now.

I downloaded the script and it shows up in Mobu under my 'Scripts' in 'Asset Browser.' I then follow the tutorial adding the tail to the big cat. The tutorial doesn't show how to utilize the script at all. If I launch the script it appears that it will do what the tail tutorial does automatically but I can't seem to get it to work.

When I follow the tutorial (I've done it 7 times now) all goes well but when I go live, all of the nulls and joints detach and drop the end of the markers to the floor. The chain is broken. If I turn Online "off" then I can grab the first Marker and all of the lower ones will follow it. But, I go Online again and it's broken.

Can anyone give me a workflow to follow about using the plugin. I don't know anything about scripting but from the tutorial it doesn't appear that it's even used.

Rob Holmes

EESignature

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3ds Max (2023-2025), V-Ray 6.2, Ryzen 9 3950-X Processor, DDR 4 128MB, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Master motherboard, Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 M.2 drives, NVidia RTX 4090, Space Pilot Pro, Windows 11 Pro x64, Tri-Monitor, Cintiq 13HD, Windows 11 x64
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 24 of 39
s_rack

This script is fantastic! Thank you so much for making it! My only comment would be it might be useful to alter it so you make the constraints position constraints, that way they don't have so much twist in them. I'm just mentioning it now cause I'm trying to alter what you have set up here to work on a skirt, and there's a lot less polygons going crazy all over the place when the chains are constrained to the bones only through translation. PEACE
Message 25 of 39
getmoman

tHanks a lot !
Message 26 of 39
_KxL_

Hi, I just checked my private messages, and you were asking for update version of speedup script. Here it is:
http://www.kxl.com.pl/Area/KxL_Area_PhysicsSpeedup(2014).py

Cheers!
Message 27 of 39
e1two

Thanks a lot for keeping this script updated.

I use it a lot.

e1

Message 28 of 39
paula44

Thank you for this! People like you make the world a better place. 

Message 29 of 39
a.a.kovalev

Hello! 

Great script!!!

Can you upoad it to another site? 

I can`t open it by this link http://www.kxl.com.pl/Area/KxL_Area_PhysicsSpeedup(2014).py

Message 30 of 39
getmoman
in reply to: a.a.kovalev

Hello. Please tellme when is goint your website to be Up&Running again!

Message 31 of 39
_KxL_
in reply to: a.a.kovalev

Sorry for late respond. Please find the script attached in here.

Cheers,

KxL

Message 32 of 39
_KxL_
in reply to: getmoman

I didn't really renew my server, nor domain name...is there something that you are interested in getting?

KxL
Message 33 of 39
getmoman

hello _KxL_,

I ask for your website, with the intention of seeking information about the "PhysX: Cloth & Fluid" elements, if any.

ThankYou very much for the attached file !!

Message 34 of 39
a.a.kovalev

Thank you so much! Great script, bro!

Message 35 of 39
jae.chung

Please accept my sincere thanks for sharing this great work with MotionBuilder community.

Best Regards,
Jae

Product Manager
Autodesk
Message 36 of 39
_KxL_

I just realized that my backup of scenes/videos is gone...but I made quick video for you (please find it attached).

KxL

Message 37 of 39
getmoman

Woooow!

This video shows perfectly how the work is done!

Hey _KxL_. I really appreciate the contributions that you have made on this topic.
Your work is very important to us.

Thanks a lot !!!

GetMoman

Message 38 of 39
jps
Advocate

Is there a way to assign a ragdoll to a character in python?

Message 39 of 39
lurladae

Hello KxL,
This script is super amazing. Is it possible to please upload the KxL_Area_PhysicsSpeedup(2012).zip ?

Any help you can is super duper appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums