Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

merging polygons into another file

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
p_kranz
216 Views, 3 Replies

merging polygons into another file

Hi
I've been doing one of the tutorials and sudenly I realised that the file that finished has some very bad geometry which was OK in the previous file/lesson. I could do the refining once again but since I like the results which I got I would like to replace only the part of the model.
Please take a look at the image below. The selected polygons represent the part which has OK refining of the headlight but has no back refined. I would like to delete that part and replace it with the same element but after refining. THX
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
p_kranz
in reply to: p_kranz

ok i solved the problem by: selecting the polygons, detaching them, opening the other file, deleting the part i wanted to replace and import-->merge the element. But I the place where those elements join got a sharp curve that is visible after adding mesh smooth.Any ideas how to get rid of that? (cannot attach image files...)
Message 3 of 4
Steve_Curley

Please see this post for help with attachments.

If the polys were not Elements in the original scene, they should not be Elements in the new scene. Select and weld the vertices where the edges of the scene object and the imported object meet. They must, of course, both be part of the same object (attach them).

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 4 of 4
p_kranz

Welding helped. Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report