Area :: Header
Interested in making Indie games?

Register for a Meet the Experts webinar with Digital-Tutors today!
Discussion Groups

Modeling

Distinguished Contributor
mhr72

having a boolean problem

21 Views, 1 Replies
09-11-2009 01:25 PM
Hi,
I have been having this problem in maya...wait I know this is a 3dMax forum. Let me descibe what is going on before you move this to the maya forum. So I have made this model in maya...in doing so I have used latices and other deformers split polygon tool, etc. Now after such modification maya boolean wont work...the model just disappears.
My question is. If I import this model into MAX will I be able to successfully apply a Boolean difference fuction...it may be called a subtract suction in MAX.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thank you
Please use plain text.
ekahennequet

Re: having a boolean problem

09-11-2009 02:56 PM in reply to: mhr72
Hi,
I have been having this problem in maya...wait I know this is a 3dMax forum. Let me descibe what is going on before you move this to the maya forum. So I have made this model in maya...in doing so I have used latices and other deformers split polygon tool, etc. Now after such modification maya boolean wont work...the model just disappears.
My question is. If I import this model into MAX will I be able to successfully apply a Boolean difference fuction...it may be called a subtract suction in MAX.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thank you

It depends on your model and the version of Max you are using. Max's Boolean object allows you to subtract, add, and intersect, etc. In the past, Max's Boolean didn't like holes or overlapping vertices and created problems during Boolean ops. More recent versions of Max has ProBoolean and may work better than the older Boolean object which is still included.
E. K. Anna Hennequet
a.k.a "ekah"
Please use plain text.