Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

having a boolean problem

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
164 Views, 1 Reply

having a boolean problem

Hi,
I have been having this problem in maya...wait I know this is a 3dMax forum. Let me descibe what is going on before you move this to the maya forum. So I have made this model in maya...in doing so I have used latices and other deformers split polygon tool, etc. Now after such modification maya boolean wont work...the model just disappears.
My question is. If I import this model into MAX will I be able to successfully apply a Boolean difference fuction...it may be called a subtract suction in MAX.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thank you
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
ekahennequet
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,
I have been having this problem in maya...wait I know this is a 3dMax forum. Let me descibe what is going on before you move this to the maya forum. So I have made this model in maya...in doing so I have used latices and other deformers split polygon tool, etc. Now after such modification maya boolean wont work...the model just disappears.
My question is. If I import this model into MAX will I be able to successfully apply a Boolean difference fuction...it may be called a subtract suction in MAX.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thank you

It depends on your model and the version of Max you are using. Max's Boolean object allows you to subtract, add, and intersect, etc. In the past, Max's Boolean didn't like holes or overlapping vertices and created problems during Boolean ops. More recent versions of Max has ProBoolean and may work better than the older Boolean object which is still included.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report