Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tutorial to model a Cobra or a Snake

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
reikisanador
3054 Views, 4 Replies

Tutorial to model a Cobra or a Snake

Hi everyone:

I ask anyone if you have a tutorial for modeling a high res Cobra or a snake. I also want to know if it is better to model it on 3ds Max or with ZBrush beacause i want to start to study ZBrush.

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
blakestone
in reply to: reikisanador

You can model a cobra in both 3dsmax or zbrush it just depends on how well you know the program which will determine the level of detail. If its zbrush you wish to learn I recommend joining the zbrush forum as there are alot of experienced members there who can assist with your learning.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Technical 3D Graphic Artist
Autodesk 3dsMax 2015 - Service Pack 4
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 5
tyree_10

max isnt a high poly modeller like sculpting programs are. anyone can grab a sculpting program and get results with a small amount of learning and no skill needed. the downside without the sculpting program most cant model or make an attractive model without the aid of the sculpting program

it comes down to do you want to learn how to model the object in max or just sculpt it in a sculpting program
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

I somewhat agree with tyree on this one but I have to go for Zbrush. If you become a good modeler then u can find tons of work for zbrush artist. I'd say learn the program. The Ztool can make a person/snake/half-hourseman in about a minute and you can subdivide to start adding detail. The problem with zbrush is if you mess up at the beginning stages of modeling your basically screwed. You're maps can get messed up and you can overlap thousand of polys and not realize it until the end. Zbrush wins as far as organic modeling goes. It may be counterproductive to learn if you're in a hurry. I've seen some people become experts(you know what I mean) in just 6 months.
Message 5 of 5
tyree_10

pretty much any sculpting program is easy to make something with. generally thats the whole purpose of a sculpting program. you should try sculptris if you havent.

honestly I could tell him how to make a snake in less than 30 minutes using shapes, nurbs, patches whatever. but it would be the body head and fangs not the detail. Im sure he will be using a sculpting program and going straigth to the detail

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report