Community
Maya Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple polygon to NURBs conversation CLIENTWORK, help needed...

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
admin
601 Views, 2 Replies

Simple polygon to NURBs conversation CLIENTWORK, help needed...

Dear Community and experienced Maya Users...

I have to do a IGES File for a client. 

He hands me a simple/medium OBJ and STL because the Original IGES is 1 GB big (i dont know the thing behind it)

I modelled a simpler thing after i quit with NURBS Sufraces for i cant get into it in time.
I KNOW thats not a propper Method and it should be done in NURBS Technique. 
Since my Deadline runs out and all my other tryouts fail i need a solution. I dont care which one.

So now that he needs a IGES it came all down to Maya for its main features to do that (3ds max screw up anytime and is a timewaster here)

The only thing i need is the export in an IGES from (any) that obj. 
This is where i stuck:
1)Import my 3d Modell (equal simple clean Quads, nothing real fancy)
2)select my Object (it turns green)
3)i go to convert => polyToSub

RED LINE ERROR (i add screens asap)

i get a red line at the bottom where it points to the script editor.
looking in that there is a hint to what is wrong. i do not know what to do next and where to fix that...

=====>deleteInternalValence2Verts |Plane003|Plane003Shape;<===========

polyToSubdiv -ap 0 -ch 0 -aut off -maxPolyCount 20000 -maxEdgesPerVert 32 |Plane003|Plane003Shape;
// Warning: file: G:/Programme/maya/Maya2013/scripts/others/deleteInternalValence2Verts.mel line 25: Nothing is selected. Select objects or components to delete. //
// Error: line 1: Command polyToSubdiv failed. Open Script Editor for details. //
select -r Plane003 ;
select -r Plane003 ;

Thanx for your help!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
muzipcan
in reply to: admin
Message 3 of 3
_sebastian_f
in reply to: muzipcan

sounds like there is nonmanifold geometry in your mesh. i can reproduce this message for example when creating an edge which shares 3 faces. in that case you can not convert to subd´s. try mesh > cleanup with "select matching polygons" and only "nonmanifold geometry" checked to see if and where you have problems.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report