Community
Maya Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selecting by name with wildcards does not work...

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Chris.Daley.animated
5072 Views, 3 Replies

Selecting by name with wildcards does not work...

Hi all,

I'm using the Morpheus rig (fantastic rig, by the way) in Maya 2014 and would like to select all of the control curve shapes so that I can place them in a display layer (an easy way to turn all the NURBS curves on the rig invisible without turning my parented props invisible, too!).

In order to do this, I cannot simply shift-click all of the control curves.  I need to select all of these curves' shape nodes (which are appended with "_animShape").  I attempted to select them all by entering "*_animShape*" (without quotes, of course) into the Input Box, but I receive the "No object matches name" error.  I also tried "select -r *_animShape*" in the Command Line, to no avail.

I do not want to have to spend 30 minutes to an hour scouring the Outliner for every single shape node (mind you, it's a very complex and sophisticated character rig!).  Am I using wildcards incorrectly?  Does anyone have any advice for how I can select all of these nodes at once?

Thanks,

Chris

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

I ran into this just a few days ago. For me it appears the issue is if my objects are hidden then a outliner search will not return it as a result. Pretty frustrating and I do not recall that being the behavior before 2014

Message 3 of 4

Interesting observation.  My NURBS curves are not hidden, but our issues are probably related, regardless.  Perhaps I should submit a bug report?

Happy Thanksgiving! 🙂

Message 4 of 4

Is the rig referenced into the scene? If so then try this instead "*:*_animShape*"

Greg Hendrix - Senior Technical Animator
LinkedIn : Twitter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report