Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with vertices

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
shillsuqat
334 Views, 1 Reply

Problems with vertices

Hi, I'm modeling a high-poly boombox and I have a problem with connecting vertices.

cantconnectvertices.jpg

I just want to connect the vertices to the side for the right speaker as I did for the left one. For some reason, I can't do that or it only works for some of the vertices. Any idea why? I don't understand since it all worked pretty well for the left speaker.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
bobweb
in reply to: shillsuqat

Hello,

hard to say by just looking at the picture, but I would suggest looking for having several vertices in a place where you expect (or see) only one. Sometimes they are very close or completely on top of each other and have to be welded. Other thing to look for are the polygon normals whether they are facing in the right direction. This can be seen quite well in polygon mode: They are selected in a bright red when the normal is facing at you and a darker red for the other way. Problems arise when neighbour polygons face in different directions.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report