Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with deleting faces

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
462 Views, 2 Replies

Problem with deleting faces

Hello,

I was deleting faces from my model to clean up a lot of clipping that was occurring but this causes problems with the mesh. Whenever I export the model to XNALara, attempting to move the bones results in warping and distortion as shown in the example below:

Spoiler

Untitled-2.png

Is there any way to avoid this from happening? I am new to 3ds Max and 3d modelling as a whole so apologies if this is a rather basic problem.

Thank you in advance ^^

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
AlexRichards
in reply to: Anonymous

Are you deleting faces from a skinned model?  Do the bones still move the leg correctly in 3dsmax?

Alex

3dsmax 2014-5 / Mudbox 2014-5

i7 8 core ~3.6ghz / 32GB RAM / Geforce GTX 770 4GB / 256GB SSD & 2TB HD / Dell 1920x1080 x2 / Wacom Bamboo Pen / Kensington Slimblade Trackball

https://twitter.com/looksfeels
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

It is a skinned model, yes. And um... I wanted to test the same thing but when I checked videos on how to do that, people were able to control the bones as they would normally move, whereas when I tried it simply moved the bone out of place rather than along it's joint.

Apologies again for my lack of experience ;;

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report