Community
Maya Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with Maya 2012 - attach surfaces please

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
346 Views, 4 Replies

Need help with Maya 2012 - attach surfaces please

Guys

I am completely baffled with this - so i have a surface lofted from ep curves and i duplicated this - now i am trying to attach the two surfaces and am getting a 'pinched' surface. I have been trying to figure this out for the past three days but am completely stuck - if you can please help me out i will be in your debt.

Attaching pics.

Thanks so much !!!!!

Gerry

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Done.

I am picking up Maya on my new assignment - so please forgive my ignorance - this is day 15 of learning.

I think i know what was happening so i had one curve - duplicated it to make it bigger (same parametrization) then lofted. Whilst doing all this i had to detach the surfaces also to make room for the engine. So there were several detachments. Somehow some isoparms got messed up leading to the pinched look. So i had to redo from scratch. Other alternatives i looked at wold be to rebuild surfaces output to polygon and mesh or attach in subdiv. But i really wanted to attach in Nurbs.

Perhaps this is pure ignorance - so please forgive me if i am missing something very obvious - please post to this thread if you know the reason for the pinch.

So results are attached 🙂

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

I love Maya.
One important note about Maya - never give up. This is after 3 days - was stuck on one problem. Perhaps one day i will look back at this post and be like 'whaaaa i was dumb!!!' 🙂
Message 4 of 5
n8skow

I suspect you duplicated your original curve (for the 2nd curve) and mirrored it?
Try reversing the curve direction on your second profile curve before lofting the surface.
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Hi i will try this - i will do this as soon as i get back to my appt - i never thought of this - i think you are right - BRILLIANT - i will check it out.

Tx

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report