Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mesh Problem

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
185 Views, 3 Replies

Mesh Problem

Hi,

i have download building model in 3ds format, when i import the model into scene. the polygons of the model colliding each. what may be the problem. they have used very low mesh with lot of Boolean. how to recover this model or i have to create new? . i have attached the screen shot also.

thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Steve_Curley
in reply to: Anonymous

Does it render ok? If so, then the problem is likely to be a combination of the Scene Scale (system units), distance from the origin and how far apart the faces are. 2 faces which may be a foot apart are effectively coincident when viewed from hundreds of yards away.

Booleans, unless used very carefully, can create really messy objects. If that's the case, then it may be quicker to recreate the object using the existing one as a guide. Trying to clean it up may take longer than recreating it, but that does depend on the complexity of the model.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

dude in this case the best thing will be just create a new model in 3ds max completely.i have also faced same kind of problem.U will be get tired of welding vertex and flip faces. so built a new model.
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

god, i hate z-fighting

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report