Community
Maya Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya How to pull vertex and have others around it follow?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
fireline54
2472 Views, 4 Replies

Maya How to pull vertex and have others around it follow?

How can I pull a vertex and have the others follow it like a wave. I have selected it, and i forgot how to enable it on my other pieces. 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
halfstone
in reply to: fireline54

enable "soft select".  That's in the "Move" options, where you can control the extent and the direction of the falloff - or you can use the "b" hotkey. 

Message 3 of 5
fireline54
in reply to: halfstone

Now it looks like this. I want it to go back to how it was before. The soft selection makes it points still. And sorry for my ignorance, but I'm new to Maya. I searched everywhere and couldnt find how to get it back to how I had it, mostly cause I don't know what I'm searching for.

Message 4 of 5
damaggio
in reply to: fireline54

In your first picture it looks like you hit the 3 key which gives you subdivision and makes it look softer when you pull a few verts...on the other picture you are still in poly mode key 1 and is sharper when you move those verts...you could change the fall off of the soft selection tool or maybe hit the 3 key to see how it looks ....however on your last picture it looks like you applied a smooth on the mesh which is not the ideal...there's a lot more polygons now.....""avoid that"  ...you can hit the 3 key for that and keep the mesh as low poly as possible...thats the best way of working.

Message 5 of 5
fireline54
in reply to: damaggio

Thank you very much. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report