Community
Maya Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2012 Image as Plane Problem

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
DragonWarrior_DnW_
378 Views, 1 Reply

Maya 2012 Image as Plane Problem

Hi everyone! I'm new to Maya. When I imported images as Plane, the images sizes doesnt match. Please see the images attached for clear info .

And I've attached the images for further references.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Honestly, I've had this problem as well.  I don't know the "proper" solution, however I have found something of an effective work around...

When I need to create something like a reference image (or set of reference images), first I'll take the images into Photoshop (or other image editor) and crop them to a standard size....say 4 x 6 (technically you can use any size).  From there, go into Maya and create a plane, then resize the x and y to the same size as your image...in the example above, again 4 x 6 (if you cropped the image to 8 x 10 then make the plane 8 x 10 respectively).  Then create a new texture (Blinn, Lambert, etc) using your image and apply it to the plane.  You may need to rotate the plane to the direction you need (straight 90 degree rotation in whichever direction), but otherwise it tends to work pretty well.  This also makes it a bit easier to "Hide/Show" your reference image when you need it.

Hope this helps!

Jim

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report