Community
Maya Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making this model is kinda tricky

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
637 Views, 1 Reply

Making this model is kinda tricky

Hi I'm Anthony and I'm just an beginner modeler. I'm trying to model this emblem here for a piece of a necklace I'll be adding onto a character in my modeling class. I can't seem to get it even though it looks simple enough, right? I need help modeling this thing can anyone help me how to go about this? I've tried using ep curves to get the shape but I can't get it to look very pointy. I've tried using a pyramid shape for the base but I can't get past extruding the sides since it just looks like a mess. This is as far as I've gotten using a plane and just moving vertices I've added.

symbol12.png

Untitled-2.jpg

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
damaggio
in reply to: Anonymous

You could start with a pipe which has the open circle already and pull the outer vertices to form the pointy areas, work only on one quarter of the model, no need to model as a whole, then center the pivot right in the midle and duplicaate and rotate 3 times, then combine the meshes into one piece and merge all vertices.....that's one way of doing it....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report