Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image importing onto front viewport in plane geometry

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
krooks88
365 Views, 2 Replies

Image importing onto front viewport in plane geometry

I'm starting out using the Sybex book and beginning with the clock modeling lesson. I go through the directions for the insertion of X,Y,Z, length,&height values. I click shaded on front viewport and when I drag and drop the frontal plane image of the clock face into the viewport, instead of one single expanded image of a clock face, for some reason there's almost one hundred tiny abbreviated (cropped) images of the clock face?

I'm not sure if there's a setting on my interface that isn't set up right? I've updated my graphics card. I've played with it a little but I'm just starting to learn 3ds Max, so I have no idea where to beging to correct this.

Any suggestions? I really want to complete this lesson and move on to other, more complex projects. 

btw, what application or program opens up dwf files? 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Steve_Curley
in reply to: krooks88

When you create the Plane object there is a checkbox which says "Generate Mapping Coords" - make sure that has a tick in it.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 3 of 3
ekahennequet
in reply to: krooks88

Few other possiblities:

-Make sure that Real-World Map Size is unchecked on the Plane's parameters.

-Check that your Material doesn't have "Face Map" checked in the Shader Parameters, or that your texture doesn't have tiling greater than 1.0.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums