Community
Maya Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to export an obj file?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
zulexo
33669 Views, 3 Replies

How to export an obj file?

This is the thing.

I'm pretty new with autodesk maya, I googled this question and I did everything they told me to do (Plug-in manager, select obj and export the obj file) but when i loaded the obj. file it doesn't apear anything, it's like nothing happened.

I don't know what I did wrong... I tried more than once and its always the same...

Help me please (Sorry for my english)

PD: I'm using Autodesk maya 2013

Tags (4)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
n8skow
in reply to: zulexo

What program are you loading the exported .obj into?

Message 3 of 4
Karen.Snow

To confirm that the .obj file was exported properly you should try to import it back into Maya, into a new scene to see if it comes in.

If it does come in, then its possible that the issue is on the other applications side that you are importing into.

Another thing to check is the Placement and Scale of the object. Sometimes importing a mesh into another software will set the mesh out in space (not centered on the grid) or the scale may be really large or small.

Best Regards.

Karen

Karen Snow
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Try zooming way out. If the coodinates aren't in sync your obj wends up way off the grid. Maybe that'll work. It did this once to me sending an obj from mud to Maya.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report