Community
Maya Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect two half-circles?

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Winterly
1038 Views, 7 Replies

How to connect two half-circles?

Hi, Maya community!

My problem is...

I want to get a perfectly round shape like thisIPhone_5.png(look at speaker)

But all I can to get is this terrible shape!

7fc691d6252e2535a2668f1bf2d562cf.png

Can someone explain me, why Maya cant to even connect two half-circles properly?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anifex09
in reply to: Winterly

The shape you created will work. Just delete your history - select the top verts - goto the channelBox scroll open the CVs (click to show) tab - look for the value in the Y column that is different and change it to match the other Y values.
Message 3 of 8
Winterly
in reply to: Anifex09

Oh, I forgot to said this is nurbs object

Message 4 of 8
Winterly

Oops, I had't got it... Yea, now I trying your solution.
Message 5 of 8
Anifex09

if it is a nurb object created from the profile curve than just delete your nurb object - select your curve - goto Curve pulldown - Rebuild Curve Option - Set rebuild type to Uniform - set parameter range to 0 to 1 - set Keep only Tangents - Set number of spans to something like 40-60 - set degree to 3 Cubic - Click Rebuild - now try creating a nurbs surface with this profile.....
Message 6 of 8
Winterly

This object created from two half-nurbs-circles (with sweep 180 degrees). Then i clicked "attach curves" (here i got this "bug" with form) and then clicked "Open/Close Curve".

P. S. I got something terrible when I tried to rebuild this curve 😞

Message 7 of 8
Winterly

Thanks! I got a perfect round shape as I want! Thanks thanks thanks!

Message 8 of 8
Anifex09

So for the next time that you create this shape try this.

Create one Nurb Circle with the sweep angle set to 180 - duplicate the half circle and rotate it 180 degrees - Space the half circles apart - Goto Create EP Curve Option (set curve degree to 1 Linear) - make two lines connecting the two half circles (use the snap to curve constraint when creating the lines) - now select your two half circles and your two Ep Lines - goto the Edit Curves - Attach Curves Options - Set Attach method to Connect - Set Multiple knots to Remove - click attach 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report