Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having problem with offset curve in Max

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
185 Views, 0 Replies

Having problem with offset curve in Max

If anyone knows how to do this I would appreciate any knowledge you can throw my way: I am making an animation showing a railroad tank car going through a curve. This requires me to make a central path from which I can use offset curves to create the rails. In the Top View I made a right angle spline. I then converted this spline to a NURBS curve. Then I go to the Modify Panel and under the Create Curves rollout I click the Fillet button. At this point I have a 90 degree curve with two straight lines on the end. Here is where the trouble begins. When I go to create an offset curve from this shape, Max will only make an offset curve from the 90 degree curve. The straight line segments on each end are (apparently) not regarded as part of the curve even though I changed the whole thing to a NURBS curve before I went into the Modify Panel. Does anyone have a solution for this?

Thanks
Dave
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report