Community
Maya Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hard to move/scroll/zoom the camera?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
CyberArt15
823 Views, 5 Replies

Hard to move/scroll/zoom the camera?

I was applying textures from mudbox to maya, and for some reason, I could barley move the camera around.  The updates I was making were simple coats of paint on several pieces of geometry for my character.  When I check my memory usage, it seems fine, but now I can't adjust the camera around without having huge lag in the process.  What did i do wrong?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anifex09
in reply to: CyberArt15

Did you check your video memory ? All of the things you are attempting to due are relying on your graphic card. Sometime a re-boot can help by clearing your graphic card ram.
Message 3 of 6
CyberArt15
in reply to: Anifex09

I deleted the materials that had the textures from mudbox.  Each texture was at 4096x4096 (max res for Unity).  If these textures are what is lagging me.  How am i suppose to paint almost 2 dozen textures in mudbox and import them into maya?  (The rig for my character is mostly proxy with some smooth binding).

Another note: mudbox was using more memory than maya but it was running fine and not lagging hard when adjusting the camera.

Message 4 of 6
Anifex09

Are you using DirectX in Maya ? If so try switching to OpenGL - if not try switching to DriectX
Message 5 of 6
CyberArt15
in reply to: Anifex09

How do I do that?  And should I downsize the resolution of my textures to 2048x2048?

Message 6 of 6
Anifex09

I am assuming you are using Viewport 2.0. Click on the button at the bottom next to the key icon (Preferences) - in Categories select Display - under the Viewport 2.0 tab you can change the Rendering engine. Another thing you might want to try is in your viewport pulldown under Render - Viewport 2.0 (options) - set your Maximum Texture Resolution Clamping - check the Clamp Texture Resolution - set the slider to something smaller like 2k - then click the Reload All Textures button

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report