Community
Maya Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extrude Tool Error (not working) in Linux!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
617 Views, 2 Replies

Extrude Tool Error (not working) in Linux!

Hi, I just installed Maya on Linux Mint and when I try to extrude faces/polygons, edges, anything, it returns a "// Error: Line 0.69: Syntax error". It happens when I use the extrude icon on shelf and via Edit-Mesh. Upon clicking, it immediately switches to the select tool. Construction history is on, I did not work since install.

Thanks for the help in advance

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

Today I installed maya 2014 for linux x64 (debian kerenl 3.14) and I get the same problem when I try to extrude by the tool box. I can do the extrude using the menubar Edit Mesh -> Show Modeling Toolkit, so click in icon Extrude in tab Mesh Edit Tools. I still looking the correct solution, until there this tip can help.

I think this error is caused by some library because when I have installed the same maya pacakge in another linux kernel 2.6 this problem doesn't happen.

Regards

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi...

I resolve the problem of extrude changing the decimal separator from ,colon to .dot

I realize that: 

polyExtrudeFacet -constructionHistory 1 -keepFacesTogether 1 -pvx 10,90830305 -pvy 3,04332006 -pvz 0,9099395868 -divisions 1 -twist 0 -taper 1 -off 0 -thickness 0 -smoothingAngle 30 pSphere1.f[237];

Error: Line 0.69: Syntax error 

Then I just copy the mel script and run replacing , by .

polyExtrudeFacet -constructionHistory 1 -keepFacesTogether 1 -pvx 10.90830305 -pvy 3.04332006 -pvz 0.9099395868 -divisions 1 -twist 0 -taper 1 -off 0 -thickness 0 -smoothingAngle 30 pSphere1.f[237];
// polyExtrudeFace1 //

The fact is: maya don't work with colon (,), so to fix this problem the solution is just setup the linux to decimal separator to .dot

adding this line to /etc/profile

export LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF-8"

Cheers

Cassio Seffrin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report