Community
Maya Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors with NURBS surface attachments

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
fiammata
345 Views, 1 Reply

Errors with NURBS surface attachments

Hello! Recently I've begun attaching NURBS surfaces in a new project of mine. I've been following the instructions in the book, and it had been working fine. But today I tried attaching other surfaces that were similar, using the same methods, and I get this message:

Error: attachSurface1 (Attach Surface Node): failed to compute the result.
Error: attachSurface2 (Attach Surface Node): failed to compute the result.
Error: attachSurface3 (Attach Surface Node): failed to compute the result.
Error: attachSurface4 (Attach Surface Node): failed to compute the result.

And so on.

Then it doesn't do anything. If I tell it not to keep the originals when attaching, the whole thing disappears. If I tell it to keep the originals, it appears unchanged. This is when only trying to attach two NURBS objects, not tons of them, and it had been working before. I'd been experimenting with several methods and each had been working, now none of them do. If I reload the scene it doesn't fix it. If I restart Maya it doesn't fix it. Is this an issue to do with Vista?

Please do NOT delete my question this time. It hasn't been answered!
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
m_raduu
in reply to: fiammata

Maybe you have a closed/periodic surface that you want to attach to an open surface, this could result in this type of errors.
I can't know for sure why the surfaces could not be attached, there are several reasons that could cause this errors, trimmed surfaces also cause this type of errors when you try to attach them.
If you want people to give you a better answer about the reason behind this errors you should post the scene here or at least some print screens of the scene with an explanation of what surfaces you want to attach and failed.

Hope this helps.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report