Community
Maya Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing length between locators (distance)?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
h0lgr
569 Views, 4 Replies

Editing length between locators (distance)?

Hey folks.
I'm having trouble getting a precise value out of the distance tool between two locators.

values.png

Yes, I can definately move the upper locator and the value will change, but I'm having trouble making it very precise. I'd like to change the distance to exactly 2.10000. 
Any ideas? =/ I've been scouring the web, and coming up with nothing unfortunately.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
n8skow
in reply to: h0lgr

Not the most elegant solution, but how about creating a cube the dimension you want, moving it's axis to the bottom - snapping the cube to your bottom locator - and then snap the top locator to the height of the cube?

Message 3 of 5
h0lgr
in reply to: n8skow

I guess so, how would I go about setting the cube dimension to exactly 2.1?

Message 4 of 5
n8skow
in reply to: h0lgr

You can type it right into the attribute editor.

Message 5 of 5
_sebastian_f
in reply to: n8skow

i have to say for a lot of tasks i also use n8skow´s method. also with other primitives. the good thing there is, it´s i.e. easier if it´s not just a straight line and you can subdivide it if you need to know the center etc. but for completion i want to add one thing which is maybe good to know for this and some other situations. hope the image is enough otherwise let me know.

relativeTransform.jpg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report