Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edge stuck when moved with control points in FFD modifiers

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
913 Views, 3 Replies

Edge stuck when moved with control points in FFD modifiers

Hey guys, I need help with this FFD modifiers. I stack this modifier after Edit Poly (while selecting polygons) & Bend modifiers  on a model and tried to move some control points, but unfortunately, there's like some edges that won't move and made it look like it was stuck for some reason. I've tried stacking Edit Poly before FFD, collapsing the modifiers, vertex welds and such, but the problem still there. I also have tried using FFD from 2x2 to 4x4, but still with the same results. I think it's just some software bugs. You guys know how to fix this?

I've attached a pic to show the problem. As you can see, I tried to move the control points of the polygon-selected area, but some edges (like the one in yellow circle), won't move at all.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Steve_Curley
in reply to: Anonymous

Seems to work ok here. Could you post the scene (zipped) containing just that one object so we can take a look?

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Steve_Curley

Nah, no need to. It seems that I have found the solution. I had to tick the "All Verticles" selection in Deform option down in FFD's parameters. I don't even know what that options mean, but it works. I never change the parameters in FFD modifiers before so I don't know why this happen. Thanks anyway.

Message 4 of 4
Steve_Curley
in reply to: Anonymous

I didn't change any of the defaults and it seemed to work ok here anyway. Glad you got it sorted 🙂

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report