Community
Maya Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dense Mesh Issue

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
KevinPinga
578 Views, 1 Reply

Dense Mesh Issue

Hey guys,

I have a car body which I have modelled. The first image is the unsmooth version.

When I give it a smooth with a division level of 1, I get something that's somewhat dense, but still acceptable I guess. But the front curves of the car (specifically around the light holes) are still quite geometric and not smooth enough. When I smooth again, that area becomes fine, but the rest of the body is just too dense. 

Can anyone give me some suggestions on how I can smooth the body without making it too dense, but at the same time making sure all areas are smooth enough?

Advice on the topology is also very much appreciated.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
horge_to_maya
in reply to: KevinPinga

Hi,

you can modify the subdivision level at render time (only Mental ray). Select the model and press the "3"-Key. If its not smooth enough, you can select the mesh shape, in the attribute editor go to Subdivision Levels, uncheck  "Use Preview Level for Rendering" and increase the slider "Render Divison Levels" to a higher value.

Way to is to refine the model to a denser mesh at the part you want.

Good Luck

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report