Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a organic terrain for a square

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
377 Views, 1 Reply

Creating a organic terrain for a square

Hello,

Does anyone has a good way of creating a terrain surface that is smooth and organic but defined by precise points and lines, something that you can control the heights rather whell?
I normally use contours with the "terrain" mesh to recreat a terrain and then use the "conform" command with a plain so it adjust itself to the original terrain giving a more smoother look, but in this case the idea is to make a square paved area with a organic shape, higher and lower areas. I am a little overwhelmed right now so any good pointers would be really nice.

Check the images bellow so you can understand what I mean.

The first I have taken it from the web and it is actually from a project that exists, but I have no idea how to do that. I know that that mesh is really precise because I have been on that site.

mesh example

The second is a picture from that same site...Landhausplatz-13-photo-guenter-wett.jpg

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Tough one...

Could you make splines (circles) from top view, the extrude the edges out to make quads (rings) and welding to the next adjacent circle.

Once you have this mesh, go to side view and make heights.

A quad grid might not work, so just make circle shapes and build by hand?

I'm pretty oldschool and build by hand, I don't know if there is a special technique you can use?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report