Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing color of selected objects

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
7488 Views, 6 Replies

Changing color of selected objects

I am trying to work on a plane for work and I am having trouble now because I can't work on smooth+highlights anymore. I need to be able to see the background image but the back ground image is white. I need to change the color that the object changes to when it is selected. If anyone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
CAMedeck
in reply to: Anonymous

Go to the Customize drop down at the top of the screen and select Customize User Interface. This will open a dialog box, and you want the Colors tab. In the Elements drop-down menu, find Geometry. In the list below that, near the bottom you will find Selection. Change the color swatch to the right from white to whatever will work best for you. 🙂

Chris Medeck
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

thanks a lot 🙂
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

hmm. I've tried it and I hit apply colors and everything and nothing seems to have changed.
Message 5 of 7
CAMedeck

Yeah, I just did a couple tests. Seems like only a few objects took the change. Maybe try setting the new color, then restart Max and see if that helps.

Chris Medeck
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 7
CAMedeck

Okay, restarting Max worked for me. Now all my selections are Magenta! 🙂 Alright, time to change back....

Chris Medeck

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
sampl819

How to change the color of unselected objects?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums