Community
Maya Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bridge Tool Error.... for Helmet Tutorial...

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
JakeMcDig
784 Views, 3 Replies

Bridge Tool Error.... for Helmet Tutorial...

I have no idea what the problem is................... i am using Maya 2014 and I am following the Getting Started Tutorial exactly like what it says to construct the biker helmet. I deleted the inner faces and I selected the border edges for each piece of the mesh, 5 on each side, equally 10. It keeps showing the error "// Error: line 0: Invalid selection : polyBridgeEdge requires equal number of border edges to be selected for source and target selection." Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JakeMcDig
in reply to: JakeMcDig

It wants me to bridge the two pieces by the way...

Message 3 of 4
tdHendrix
in reply to: JakeMcDig

Not sure what's causing that. Can you upload your Maya file? It won't let you upload Maya files directly so you have to zip it first.

Greg Hendrix - Senior Technical Animator
LinkedIn : Twitter
Message 4 of 4
halfstone
in reply to: tdHendrix

If the error is saying that you have a mismatch in the number of border edges, it sounds like you have a hidden vertex splitting one of your edges and you can't see it.  This often happens if you split a polygon and then change your mind, then delete the edge you don't want.  if you don't use the "delete edge/vertex" tool, you'll leave a vertex behind.

Try showing vertices - or (this is a workaround) just bridge one edge at a time. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report