Community
Maya Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Box modeling - Flow techniques

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
bthatcher
374 Views, 2 Replies

Box modeling - Flow techniques

I am learning Maya and i've mad a few attempts at this particular model. I am having trouble getting the vertical members that lean out work our right. I've tried rotating the loop, scaling the top center up and the bottom center down and just sliding vertexes around. Would anyone be willing to share a workflow for for this? Or recommend a tutorial. Thank you .

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
damaggio
in reply to: bthatcher

Is looking really neat, is just the door area that might need a better flow.....Maybe try something like this..keep low poly for the subdivision and its okay 

if you end up with one triangle as the door edge turns straight down. you might not even need as many polys as I drew for the curved shape of the door frame.

Later you can saparate the doors or the glass  or keep it simple and use  good texture maps to define the glass transparency.

you can also use the new Pixar subdvision and use crease edges instead, that will keep the poly geometry much lighter instead of using so many 

edge loops to hold the hard edges....it takes practice though.

Hope that's what  you needed.

Message 3 of 3
bthatcher
in reply to: damaggio

Great, thanks. I'll work through that.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report